Monday, November 30, 2009

Bring take-out in!


Hello all,

I have sold my first bulk order of books. (Crowds cheering!!!) I am now preparing my next bulk order. I have gotten pretty good reviews from friends and family and now I will introduce it to the public. I have a book signing January 12th at the Principal’s Palette in Winder. I hope you all can come out and see me and the store. If you haven’t been yet, you will be pleasantly surprised. It has some beautiful arts, crafts, and jewelry.

I have been asked this weekend a few times what I’ll be making for Christmas gifts. I normally do a large batch of some craft or recipe. I haven’t had a lot of additional time this year, despite the extra furlough days. Next week, I will give you my top seven gift ideas including my mint drinking chocolate recipe. You’ll definitely want to check back Sunday for that post.

If you have tightened your belt like I have for the holidays, you’ll appreciate this week’s menu. This is my homage to eating out. I love to eat out, no dishes to wash, choices galore, and did I mention…no dishes. Here are some really great meals to make you forget that you are eating in. Now only if I could get rid of the dirty dishes.

Day 1 – Chinese Fix
Sometime, all I need is some egg drop soup to make me feel warm and cozy. It really is simple and cheap to make. You normally have all the ingredients in the house, except the green onions. I add a couple of teaspoons of soy sauce. Perfect!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Egg-Drop-Soup-II/Detail.aspx

Day 2 – Honey Crockpot Chicken
Ok Jess, I know we’ve tried this before but this is a very different recipe. I don’t brown the chicken first. Just throw it in. I also use chicken breasts too. Make some brown rice and you’re good to go.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Honey-Garlic-Chicken/Detail.aspx

Day 3 – Gourmet Pizza
I know you can order pizza pretty cheap, but not this one. It is so delicious, you may never order pizza again.

1 thin crust pizza dough in a can
1 box of spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package of sliced white mushrooms
¼ lb. ground sirloin
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Grease a cook sheet and roll out crust. Bake for 5 minutes. Top crust with garlic, rub it really good into crust. Sprinkle on spinach, onion, cheese and mushrooms. Crumble raw ground meat on top of pizza. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 more minutes until crust is golden brown and meat is cooked. Top with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.

Day 4 – Pasta Night!!!
This is a super quick pasta recipe. It costs a little more since you buy refrigerated pasta and sauce but it is worth it.

2 packages of tortellini
½ cup pesto sauce
¼ sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
½ cup grated parmesan cheese

Cook pasta per package directions and drain. Return to the hot pot. Add the remaining ingredients. That’s it.

Day 5 – Mexican Night!!!
This is a recipe I’ve already had on the blog but it is well worth repeating. It sounds so simple but tastes so good. Tinga tostadas are normally served on tostadas but you can just as easily serve them in tortillas or taco shells.

4 large chicken breasts
3 cans diced tomatoes with juices
1 clove garlic, minced
4 chipotle peppers in adobo, minced or mixed in a food processor
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon or better than bouillon
3 softball sized onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup vegetable oil

Place all ingredients in Crockpot on low for 8 hours. Shred chicken breasts with two forks. Serve on crispy tostados with sour cream, shredded cheese and lettuce.

Day 6 – Media Noche
This is my all time favorite Cuban dish. It’s what I crave when I’m missing Tampa. I know it’s not the same but it’s cheaper than a trip down south.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Classic-Cuban-Midnight-Medianoche-Sandwich/Detail.aspx

Day 7 – Leftover night
Enjoy the fruits of your labor and the new change in your pocket. Clean out the fridge and watch a movie at home.

With a clean kitchen and gourmet cooking,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment