Sunday, April 12, 2009

It was a Tornado Drill, not labor.

Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately, I am writing this from my home computer. I was hoping to have to use a laptop from a hospital room to give you some great recipes this week. Alas, God had other plans. I have decided to use some of my favorite recipes that I’ve posted in the past via email. Those of you who are new to my blog/email menus, these will be new. For all my loyal followers, these are some of the best of the best.

There were a few criteria for this week, cheap, easy, and fast. I am not planning very far in advance the next couple of weeks so you’ll also see a bunch of pantry items used.

I hope you enjoy them all. I also hope that I will soon be enjoying hospital food with my new bundle of joy. I think it’s waiting for doctor to be back in town. That’s on Tuesday. Please keep me in your prayers. I’ll post when we have pictures.

Day 1 – Three Cheese Calzones
I love this recipe for the simplicity of it. I also love the prepared pizza dough in my supermarket’s deli section. It’s better than take-out, and I love take-out.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/three-cheese-calzones-00000000007848/index.html

Day 2 – Crispy Chicken Cutlets with Romaine Salad
This is a light and quick take on the normal chicken with salad. It’s so good you’ll use it again and again.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/crispy-chicken-cutlets-creamy-romaine-00000000006909/index.html

Day 3 – Asian Night with Chicken Satay
This is great date night meal or anytime dinner. My kids also love it. Tell them it’s worms and they’ll eat it.

http://rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1554

Day 4 – Pasta with Goat Cheese and Asparagus
This is real delight with only 5 ingredients. It is spa quality meal for pennies on the dollar.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/pasta-with-goat-cheese-and-roasted-asparagus?autonomy_kw=pasta%20with%20goat%20cheese%20and%20asparagus&rsc=header_1

Day 5 – Slow Cooker Roast Pork
This crock-pot staple is reinvented with a fruity flair. It’s so easy you can make it for company and they’ll never know it took you 15 minutes to prepare it.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=36763&Source=SearchResultPage&terms=slow%20cooker%20pork%20roast

Day 6 – Chicken Salad Croissants
This is a super easy meal that uses your deli and bakery. I get a container of your favorite chicken salad, mine is tarragon, and a pack of croissants. Slice in half then heat the rolls in the oven. Stuff with chicken salad and serve with you favorite veggies or chips.

Day 7 – Leftover Night
Take a look in your fridge or pull out all the leftovers for a buffet. Waste not, want not, right?

Have a great week.

With 2 cm and 50% effacement,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment